Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Videos and Tutorials
Parental Involvement Ning
21st Century Strategies
INTERNET SAFETY - Session 2
Internet Safety Information for Parents
In this session we will watch the presentation together and will answer all questions and answers. We will also discuss what measure we can take to work together to see that our children are safe on the internet.
Family Contract for Online Safety
Click on the documents below to do the Kids pledge and Parent’s pledge at home
kids pledge contract.pdf
To Learn more about Internet Safety. Click on the links below
- helping you to parent your online child
– website that offers support to teachers and students as well as parents and has information on cyber bullying and social networking.
- Online Safety Guide, Tools for Families, Web Sites for Kids, and Reporting Trouble
- tips, advice and suggestions to make your family's online experience fun and productive!
Get Safe Online
: This website still has useful advice and a quiz that students can check their understanding about safety
BBC- Online Safety
Online tutorial on internet safety for students and parents.
Parents Guide to Internet Safety
- from the FBI
Teen Safety Highway
- Guidelines for Parents of Teens on Safety
Web Surfing Safety
- Family Fun strategies for keeping kids safe online
Think U Know
has simple tasks and information for children and teenagers, parents and teachers.
is a site designed to provide information, advice and support to parents, kids, teens and teachers.
Cyber Smart Kids
- is a community awareness project with the objective of providing parents and children with information and a safe experience of the internet.
has great information for parents and guardians on internet safety
– site dedicated to protecting all Internet users, especially children, from cybercrime and abuse.
classroom curriculum for primary and secondary school students
NetSmartz for Kids
– Online Safety resources for K-6
world's largest Internet safety, help and education resource
Iggey and Rasper's Internet Safety Quiz
is a simple Internet safety quiz offered by KidsCom Jr. After reading through the list of Internet safety and etiquette rules students can take the quiz. The quiz is read to students by the animated characters Iggey and Rasper.
– The Kiwi Commons Reference Center is a superb place to find advice and help on how to deal with the dangers of online predators, privacy, gaming addictions, and lots more.
Google Family Safety Center
– Google has its own family safety center to promote responsible Internet usage.
Common Sense Media
– is the number one go-to site for any parents who are looking to ensure their children are using technology safely. It is a great reference source for raising responsible digital citizens. Cell phones, movies, apps, TV, games, websites and more are reviewed, rated and tested for how age-appropriate they really are.
AT&T Internet Safety Connections Game
BBC- Stay Safe
Just 4 Kids
OnGuard Online Games
Rules in Cyberspace
Safety Games For Kids
Thinkuknow - 8-10 - Cyber Cafe
Thinkuknow - ages 5-7
Take the post assesment survey
Try these links at home with work with your children
LINKS TO WORK WITH YOUR CHILDREN
Links for Parents & Children
Many things smile
Poetry for kids
Cool Maththumbs up
AAA Maththumbs up
Math is Fun
Sand Art..... Try it with your child – It is fun
eChalk optical illusions
Tom and Jerry Trap-o-maticcool
Games for Children
Great Discovery Games
School Time Games
Flying 3D circles
Fun Videos for Family
Click here to take the post assessment quiz
We will brainstorm on ideas about graduation, potluck etc.
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"